Notices

ATTN: 6g civic, bseries swap pros, question....(technical)

Old 10-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: 6g civic, bseries swap pros, question....(technical)

me and bro just got done swappin in a jdm b16a into his 97 hatch, using a 1998 civic EX wiring harness, using a 97 gsr ecu. runs perfect except for a few things:

there is a pair of wires from the main engine harness and i dont recognize and its just bugs the crap out of us. i have pics to show u down below. one wire is like a light green and the other is a black and yellow. its throwin a cel and i havent check it just yet, so i wanna know if anyone knows it first hand.

the other problem is the alternator is not workin correctly, we tried two different alternators and cant believe it both bad. (once we take the negative off the battery while the car is runnin, it dies. can that missin sensor/pair of wires be the problem?

thanks for any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00263.JPG (241.0 KB, 27 views)
DSC00264.JPG (182.4 KB, 17 views)
DSC00265.JPG (247.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-03-2004, 08:51 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Well, I would start looking for plugs that dont have wires.. like when I first got my swap the thermostat housing temp for the engine fan was broken, so I jerry-rigged a wire between the two, and now when the engine starts, the fan does too, no problems.

But however, eveyrtime anyone sees the wire hanging there they are like "Wtf is that?"

With the alternators, I would take them to a car place (pepboys, kragen, autozone , whatever.) and have them test them.. Who knows, two broken parts CAN happend, and have

Also, are you sure the belt tension on the alternator is correct? This reminds me that Ineed to replace my alternator belt.. its starting to fray
Old 10-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

thats the thing, two different kragens tested both alternators and both check out good. no plugs r left unplug in the engine bay. i just check cel and it read 2 long blinks, i would assume thats a code 20, electrical load detector. grrr, its not my car but its drivin me nuts. thanks for help. anyone else?

Originally Posted by alphaxxn
Well, I would start looking for plugs that dont have wires.. like when I first got my swap the thermostat housing temp for the engine fan was broken, so I jerry-rigged a wire between the two, and now when the engine starts, the fan does too, no problems.

But however, eveyrtime anyone sees the wire hanging there they are like "Wtf is that?"

With the alternators, I would take them to a car place (pepboys, kragen, autozone , whatever.) and have them test them.. Who knows, two broken parts CAN happend, and have

Also, are you sure the belt tension on the alternator is correct? This reminds me that Ineed to replace my alternator belt.. its starting to fray
Old 10-03-2004, 09:19 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...+load+detector

about the ELD... itll help perhaps :dunno:

basically what the ELD does is regulate voltage so when you turn your lights on or something like your stereo your lights dont dim and cause a fluxtuation in voltage.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Relic1
Teal Hatch Cult Member

are they a part of the OEM harness or just run with it?
do they run through the plugs next to where you took the picture?

there is a blk/yel and solid white wire that runs from the alternator.
the blk/yel wire runs to the underhood fuse box. (fuse #15 - alternator SP Sensor 7.5 amp)
I'm still looking for a wht wire.

**edit**
that is a wht/grn wire.... it runs from the alternator to the ECU.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:36 PM
qtiger

That's your only code? :eh: You should be getting way more than that, using a GSR ecu on a b16.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

scratch that, my bro cant read, we r usin a ls ecu just for the time being(car is not driven at all, just to test stuff out), no vtec but obd2a. and yeah only throwin one code. awaitin for another alternator to test tmrw. i just spoke to katman(kewl guy) hes tellin me the cel is due to the secondary o2 not hook up as my bro is runnin a test pipe for the moment til he gets a cat and a catback system.

then again, we r awaitin a obd2a-obd1 jumper harness and runnin a p30 ecu. argh, so tired of this stuff. wish us luck.

Originally Posted by qtiger
That's your only code? :eh: You should be getting way more than that, using a GSR ecu on a b16.