Notices

Just got a '94 Civic DX. Opinion pls.

Old 10-23-2003, 07:28 PM
01ACCORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a '94 Civic DX. Opinion pls.

This '94 only had 73k on it. DX, 5-sp. two owners. Dealer has complete records on it.

Only problems noticed were some hail damage, and the front rotors pulse.

It's had the major services, both axles just replaced. Almost new tires. Feels tight. Clutch feels good, and engine is quiet.

Been a while since I had a Civic in the family.

Questions:

1. Does the '94 have OBDII connector?

2. Timing belt still original, it's due by time, but not by mileage. Wait until 90k and do it and the waterpump?

3. I need to really clean the engine compartment. Any problems powerwashing if the engine is cool? I have 90k on my EX V-6 and you could eat off the motor :-) If I pull the valve cover off to clean and maybe paint, do I need to use new gaskets?

4. It's got 13" wheels, no covers. Any chance my sons '91 Accord 14" rims would fit (wishful thinking).

5. Reccomdndations on front rotors? Just go OEM?

6. Will the OEM clock in the '91 Accord LX fit this '94 Civic?

7. The steering is excellent, but feels like it's not Power Steering. I like it, feels like a cart on the track, did the DX not come with PS?

This will be a surprise for my son at college. His 91 was in an accident about a year ago, and has 160k on it. Rt. front fender is crunched. Axles clacking. Engine is still strong. Any idea what the old beater would bring? Lots of good parts, still runs.

Any help on any of these questions is appreciated. I know it's a boatload.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:57 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

wrong forum...i'm going to move this to the correct one
Old 10-23-2003, 08:05 PM
01ACCORD

Originally posted by jaje
wrong forum...i'm going to move this to the correct one

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

So where? Sorry.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:25 PM
mrdx

1. OBDII is 96-up... your car has OBDI
2. I'd do it now for peace of mind, waterpump, t-belt, and accesory belts. Also consider replacing distributor cap, rotor, and spark plug wires.
3. Make sure to cover distributor and yes replace valve cover gasket and grommets.
4. No... Civic wheels 4x100 bolt pattern ; Accord wheels 4x114.3.
5. If you just want to use it as a daily driver... Brembo blanks go as cheap as $30 per rotor.
6. No clock won't fit... Look through e-bay or junkyard. You can usually find them for about $20-$40
7. P/S wasn't an option with the 5spd DX... it's power assisted steering, it loosens up once the car is in motion