Notices

TECH REVIEW: PSpec Accord Short Shift Lever

Old 08-29-2002, 05:45 PM
chameleon
spoon wh0re

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TECH REVIEW: PSpec Accord Short Shift Lever

First impression out the box this think is smooooth, thats the first thing you notice then you begin to stare how everything is placed on it and you picture it actually fitting in with the stock linkage. but damn you want to sleep with this thing! hehe check it out

install of the shifter is relatively easy as long as you can follow directions so a step by step install was made so install will be very detailed, its basically about replacing where the stock lever is with this super lever, although all the little pieces that are combined with the stock unit will be used again on the pspec unit. this is where i begin the install, taking apart the armrest area which is are simple as taking out the bolts inside the armrest and the ones under the cup holder..

here is a step by step install guide for you guys, makes it hella easier.
http://www.p0w3r.com/pspec/tutorial.php

after all was said and done the shifter was finally in place and screwed in, it was such a huge difference in feel when the gears go in, meaning there is no hesatation like i would get with my cut down shifter w/ B&M adapter and i had the adapter on the middle hole since on the 3rd one 5th gear would not even go in.

one thing to notice is that i had a hard time getting into reverse i would acutally have to struggle at times, i swear i thought my tranny was gone (haha)
and i always sit in my friends civic hatch's and play with their shifter and wish mines were that smooth well guess what the shifts feel like an accord but noticebly way smoother and the gears do go right in!!

getting a type R style shift boot is recommended and pspec might be able to provide them but it will make everything much nicer looking.

check out my ex shifting assembly.

and last but not least after install pics.

and of course definite props to my boricua helper!! joey! haha gotta love some puerto rican racers!!

FINAL THOUGHTS -> shifting is definitely an improvement, if you all wanted a shorter throw this is a definite improvement, so yes its worth it! no more tranny grinding, or clunky shifting, missing gears and oh god no that reverse gear!! haha

GROUPBUY details!! --> check the 4sale forum, amd mention chameleon's name.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:47 PM
kleankord

ok so there are no true SSs for 6th gens?
Old 08-29-2002, 05:55 PM
chameleon
spoon wh0re

email pete to come up with a 6th gen lever, he can do it, people show your interest!!
Old 08-30-2002, 04:01 PM
sho akkord
boosted

im interested...we'll see how my swap goes and how much money i have left in a couple of weeks...=D...